Welcome

Hey all,

here's my little place to rattle off my thoughts, hope you enjoy.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Inner Demon

“You don’t remember me, do you?” whispers the voice from the dark.
I attempt to follow the voice but it circles me like I’m its prey.
“You failed, now I will show this world that my bite is worse than my bark.”
The further I listen, the more recognizable the voice sounds to me.
“You seem puzzled, let me shed some light; you and I are kin.”
I stand there shaken and dazed; wondering who is torturing me.
“We were once close but you betrayed me; your foul, secret sin.”
Visions flush my mind; I struggle to stay standing, unable to focus.
“Convinced your word was law; you imprisoned me here to die.”
I crumble to the floor; reliving painful memories long forgotten.
“It will be gratifying to watch you break and to listen to you cry.”
I know the voice of my tormentor but his face eludes my mind’s eye.
“It appears your memory has been restored, now look at my face!”
He steps out of the shadows, revealing his identity; I gaze up in terror.
“Now, I will ruin what you hold dear while you rot in this place!”

No comments:

Post a Comment